Host a Masterson Method® Seminar and Earn a Free Spot.**
The Masterson Method® Seminar-Workshops are tailored to the needs of horse owners, trainers and equine body work, and therapists who would like to learn the basics of Integrated Equine Performance Bodywork®. In these hands-on seminar-workshops you will learn to recognize the visual responses of the horse to touch, and to find and release accumulated stress in key junctions of the body that most affect performance.
Interested? Fill out our Host Application
- 12 - 14 horses. Horses must be in good condition, have good stable manners, and be available with a nylon or leather halter and lead with each horse. Please no rope halters for this clinic, if possible. Pregnant mares, stallions and horses under the supervision of a veterinarian will not be permitted.
- 6 - 7 stall spaces. Clean stalls or individual pole paddocks close in proximity. 1/2 of the horses will be used on Sunday as fresh horses for students to work on.
- Demonstration Area. No smaller than a 12 x 12 stall, preferably enclosed on two or three sides such as a wash stall, large aisle or grooming stall.
- 12 - 14 chairs: One chair per person (or hay bales to sit on for students during the demonstrations)
- Be willing to pick up our Instructor at the airport and deliver them back to the airport after the seminar.
- Be willing to “spread the word” and help fill the course. It typically takes around 3 months to fill.
- Opportunity to earn a free spot to a weekend seminar - a $449 value. **
- Horses used during the seminar-workshop will experience the benefits of the Masterson Method®
- Spend quality time with other like-minded horse lovers.
- Your event will be posted on our calendar page with a link to your website.
- After 7 students have registered and paid, you, as host, will be eligible for a free spot.
- For previous hosts we offer a choice of a free spot or a $225 off voucher to attend your next 5day workshop, or the complete Masterson Method book and DVD library!
What We Offer: "Host Support Kit"
- A customized flyer - for you to print and distribute at your local equestrian clubs, 4H clubs, tack stores, dressage clubs, local stables, etc.
- A checklist - with ideas of how to spread the word of your seminar, which you can check off as you go.
- A pre-written press release for you to give to local news media (lifestyle/sports sections), for your website or your social media.
- A social media “how to” easy instruction sheet – for creating Facebook events and inviting your friends; same for other social media and search engines.
- High resolution image files of previous seminars/Jim/the Masterson Method® in action! For use on your website, social media, etc.
** We offer previous hosts an opportunity to earn a free spot at a Masterson Method® Weekend Seminar-Workshop. After 7 students have registered and paid, the host will be able to attend the seminar for free. Those that have previously attended or hosted a Weekend Seminar-Workshop have the choice of either a free spot, the Masterson Complete Method Library or a voucher for tuition off the Advanced 5-Day course to further their Masterson Method education.
If you are interested in becoming a host, please fill out a Host Application online.
At the beginning of the seminar, students will receive a Masterson Method® workbook with clear step-by-step instructions. An Instructor will give an overview of the Masterson Method techniques and important points to watch for in the horse.
After the Instructor demonstrates a technique, students will pair up and go into a stall to practice the new technique. Students are encouraged to move from stall to stall to try the techniques on different horses to get the "feel" of another horse's problem. Due to Jim's busy schedule, he only teaches the Advanced Courses. But, not to worry, he hand-picks his Instructors!
Repeat with new techniques.
When students are comfortable with the technique taught, a new technique will be demonstrated. Following the demonstration, participants will pair up again and work on the new techniques.
What type of Venue/Facilities are we looking for?
- Stalls. Stalls need to be easily accessible by all the students and the instructor. Contiguous stalls with lots of light are best, but not required. Poll paddocks, and stalls with run-outs will also work.
- Demonstration Area. A demonstration area is a place where the students can comfortably sit and watch the instructor work and where the demonstration horse does not need to be tied. This could be a wash stall, a large aisle or grooming stall, an open pipe rail paddock, or an arena.
- Lunch Area. A room or an area in the barn big enough for people to sit and eat lunch.
- Horses. 12 - 14 horses available to use during the seminar. A combination of working horses, with a few small horses and ponies are also helpful because of their size and ease of handling when lifting limbs, heads, etc. Some of the horses will be used on Saturday, some on Sunday.
- Condition of Facilities. There is a lot of information in the seminar to cover in two days, and there is a lot of hands-on work; handling of the head, neck, feet and legs by participants. Horses and stall floors need to be clean before the seminar begins.
We are certified by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork for Continuing Education Credits.
We are accredited through the Irish Massage Therapists Association (IMTP) for Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Points.