Masterson Method® Weekend Seminar-Workshop
The Masterson Method® Weekend Seminar-Workshop is the next practical step to take after reading/viewing the Beyond Horse Massage Book and DVD.
In these hands-on horse massage workshops you'll learn how to recognize and use the visual responses of the horse to your touch to find and release accumulated stress in key junctions of the body that most affect performance. Jim Masterson has successfully taught these techniques to hundreds of owners, therapists and trainers worldwide, enabling them to open new levels of communication and relationship with their horses.
Why attend a Masterson Method® Weekend Seminar?
- Learning the "feel" of release through hands-on-hands instruction.
- Learning to read the horse. The horse has to participate in the method for it to work.
- Learning the techniques. The techniques learned in this workshop have been used successfully by Jim Masterson on thousands of equine competitors, including horses that compete in FEI Nation's Cup, Pan American, World Championship and World Equestrian Games events.
- The most valuable aspect of this workshop is the improved relationship and communication that develops as a result of this work with the horse.
To read other people's experiences, visit our Testimonial Page. Attending a Masterson Method Workshop is the next logical step after using the book or DVD.
Weekend Seminar Outline
Day 1 — Workshop begins at 9am with a discussion of the principles of the Masterson Method®.
- The horse's survival-bracing response
- How to use different levels of touch, and the horse's responses to by-pass the bracing response
- Use of movement and positioning to allow a muscle or junction to release tension
- Key junctions of the body that most affect performance
- How the subtle and sometimes not-so-subtle process of release works.
- The first technique, the Bladder Meridian Technique is demonstrated and explained.
- Students practice on horses, with individual hands-on help from the Instructor(s).
- Students and Instructor(s) re-group to ask and answer questions, and review and discuss the results of the technique.
- Techniques to release tension in the poll, neck, and neck/shoulders/withers junction are demonstrated, practiced, and discussed/reviewed during the first day, with a break for lunch and short morning and afternoon breaks.
Day 2 — Workshop continues at 9am.
We follow the same learning format as on Day 1 of demonstrations; hands-on instruction and review/discussion to learn basic techniques to release tension in the back, sacro-iliac and sacro-lumbar junction. After lunch, a fresh group of horses are brought in. Students have the opportunity to practice all the techniques that were learned over the weekend, on fresh horses, with hands-on help from the Instructor(s). This way, the student will review and practice a full bodywork session on a horse prior to going home.
Suggested reading/viewing prior to workshop: Beyond Horse Massage, DVD and Book.
Weekend Seminar-Workshop Fees and Registration:
Please see each location and pricing on our Calendar
Reminder: Each seminar is from 9am - 5pm both Saturday and Sunday, so instruction is all day over a two day period rather than individual lessons in a specific time frame.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and checks.
$449 for Seminars taught by Instructors
More for Seminars taught by Jim Masterson (Jim rarely teaches the Weekend Courses, he concentrates on the Advanced Courses)
- Weekend Seminar: Registration may be cancelled or transferred any time up to 14 days prior to the scheduled seminar. There will be a $50 fee for this cancellation or transfer. Any cancellation or transfer made after this 14 day period will be charged a $100 fee.
- Advanced Courses: Registration may be cancelled or transferred any time up to 14 days prior to the scheduled seminar. There will be a $100 fee for this cancellation or transfer. Any cancellation or transfer made after this 14 day period, will be charged a $250 fee.
- To read more of our Cancellation Policy and Inclement weather policy click on this link: Cancellation Policy
We are accredited and approved through the follow organizations:
|National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork Organization (NCBTMB) for 14 Continuing Education Credits.|
|Irish Massage Therapists Association (IMTP) for 40 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Points.|
|International Institute for Complementary Therapists Approved Training Provider|
|Equine Therapies Association of Australia Approved Training Provider|